3D Molecular Designs features educators who share their approaches to using their favorite kits in their classrooms. These discussions are followed by an exploration of the deeper science concepts associated with the topic by Tim Herman, PhD.
Registration for our current series includes:
Student Modeling Pack Collection (A $60 value)
Links to resources including presenter slides
Access to webinar recordings
Individual webinars can also be purchased and will include the Student Modeling Pack that relates to that webinar’s content.
Past webinars are free to view! Student Modeling Packs can be purchased for past webinars as needed.
2022 Webinar Series
This Webinar includes all the individual modeling packs! Availability: Processes in 1-2 business days. Due to a Delay, Physical packs will Ship in 1-2 Weeks.
Water & Membranes Webinar
- Keep Your Head Above Water: Constructing & Crossing Cell Membranes
- Transmembrane Proteins: Transporting Potassium
Water Chemistry Webinar
- From Particles to Properties: Bridging Scales with Water Kit Models©
- Exploding Frog Eggs & Discovery of Aquaporin
- Demystifying Protein Dimensionality & Exploring Enzymes
- Protein Folding Problem Nevermore
DNA Function Webinar
- Mistakes were Made: Modeling DNA Replication Errors
- The Importance of Being Modified!
DNA Structure Webinar
- Discovering DNA: Brief 153-year history of DNA (in 40 minutes)
- Why DNA & RNA?
Past Webinar Series
2021 Webinar Series
Engage your students and transform your teaching with this free series!
Physical & Chemical Properties of Water Webinar
- Wet Your Appetite for Learning with the Water Kit©!
- Aquaporin Channels
Genome Editing II Webinar
- CRISPR Cas9 - A Powerful New Tool for Editing the Human Genome
- CRISPR Innovations: Clever and Cleverer
Biotechnology & Coronavirus Webinar
- The One Kit Wonder: Using Modeling to Teach Biotechnology Concepts
- From Biotechnology to a Coronavirus Vaccine
Coronavirus Antibodies & Emerging Vaccines Webinar
- Boost Your Students’ Immune System Expertise By Modeling Antibodies
- MAPS Project – How to Prepare your Team to Model A Protein Story
Transcription, Translation & Sickle Cell Anemia Webinar
- A Tale of Two Sisters, Modeling Transcription & Protein Synthesis
- Editing the Sickle Cell Gene
Neurotransmitters, Synapses & Acetylcholinesterase Webinar
- Modeling How Cells Talk – Making Sense of Synapses and Signals
- Acetylcholinesterase: A Story of an Enzyme Active Site and Its Evolution
Proteins & the Protein Folding Problem Webinar
- Proteins - Now that Everything has Changed
- AlphaFold: The Solution to the Protein Folding Problem?
Chromosomes & DNA Webinar
- Making Connections Between DNA and Chromosomes!
- Ensuring Genome Stability (While Maintaining an Escape Hatch)
Genome Editing I Webinar
- CRISPR - As an Adaptive Immune System in Bacteria
- CRISPR: It’s All about Yogurt
Membranes & Ion Transport Webinar
- Exploring the Wonderful World of Cell Membranes: Proteins, Lipids and Ions, Oh My!
- Potassium Channels & Scorpion Toxins